Comprehensive Bat Removal Services
Discovering bats in your home or business can be distressing and poses health risks due to bat guano and the potential for rabies. Utah Wildlife Specialists, based in Salt Lake City, provides a prompt, humane, and comprehensive solution to your bat problems. Our services are designed not just to remove the current inhabitants but to ensure they don’t return. Here’s what we offer:
- Bat Colony Removal: Our team of experts specializes in the humane and effective removal of bat colonies, utilizing safe methods that protect both the bats and your property. Whether you’re dealing with a small group or a large colony, we have the experience and equipment necessary to resolve the issue swiftly.
- Bat Proofing Your Home: We go beyond removal; our bat proofing service ensures that every potential entry point is securely sealed, preventing future infestations. Our comprehensive inspection and customized proofing strategies are your best defense against bat re-entry.
- Guano Cleanup and Decontamination: Bat guano can pose serious health risks and damage property. Our thorough cleanup and decontamination process eliminates these hazards, restoring the safety and cleanliness of your home or business with meticulous attention to detail.
Delaying bat removal can lead to increased health risks and property damage. Don’t wait — contact us today for a safer tomorrow.
Why Choose Utah Wildlife Specialists?
At Utah Wildlife Specialists, we understand the urgency and sensitivity of wildlife removal. Here’s why you should trust us with your bat removal needs:
- Expertise: With years of experience in wildlife removal, our team is skilled in the most effective and humane bat removal techniques.
- Comprehensive Service: From initial inspection to final cleanup, we handle every aspect of bat removal, ensuring a turnkey solution for our clients.
- Health and Safety Priority: We prioritize the health and safety of both our clients and the wildlife, adhering to strict guidelines for humane removal and decontamination.
- Preventive Measures: Our services don’t stop at removal; we provide expert advice and solutions to prevent future wildlife issues.
Don’t let bat issues linger and escalate. Contact us now for expert assistance.
Bats and Rabies?
Bats are known to be carriers of rabies, a viral disease that affects the central nervous system and, if left untreated, can lead to death in humans and other mammals. The transmission of rabies from bats to humans is relatively rare but can occur through bites or scratches from an infected bat, or less commonly, when saliva from an infected bat comes into contact with open wounds or mucous membranes, such as the eyes, nose, or mouth. Since bat bites can be small and not always noticeable, any direct contact with a bat should be taken seriously, and medical advice should be sought immediately. It’s important to note that not all bats carry rabies; however, because bats are a significant reservoir for the virus in nature, any bat that is active during the day, found in a place where bats are not usually seen (like in your home or on the lawn), or is unable to fly, is far more likely to be rabid than bats in the wild.
The concern with bats and rabies is not just about direct transmission to humans. Bats can also transmit the rabies virus to domestic pets and livestock. If pets or livestock are bitten or scratched by a rabid bat, they can become infected and may pose a risk to humans. This underscores the importance of keeping pets vaccinated against rabies and avoiding wildlife contacts. Public health officials stress the importance of never handling bats, alive or dead, without professional training and protective equipment. In the event of a bat exposure, it’s crucial to capture the bat for rabies testing if possible, and seek immediate medical attention to evaluate the need for a rabies post-exposure prophylaxis, a series of vaccines that can prevent the disease from developing if administered promptly after exposure.
Get in Touch
Ready to address your bat problem? Contact Utah Wildlife Specialists today for a consultation or to schedule immediate service. Your safety and peace of mind are our top priorities.
Contact us now and ensure your home or business is bat-free and safe.